Did you know that from today, 29th August, London’s Ultra-Low Emission Zone has been extended across all London boroughs?
All vehicles in this newly-expanded zone must adhere to emission requirements or drivers face a daily charge of £12.50 to travel. Electric cars are ULEZ-compliant, meaning you avoid paying a daily fee while also travelling sustainably across the capital and reducing harmful emissions released into the environment.
To support the outer London boroughs’ transition to greener mobility, we’ve identified the best public chargers for electric cars in eight different areas impacted by the expansion. We’ve even included a mix of slow, fast and rapid chargers so this list is useful for all your electric charging needs.
Check them out before you plan your next trip in the new ULEZ!
Enfield - N14 4UE
- ubitricity - x1 charger (5.5kW)
- A single charging point located just down the road from Oakwood Underground station on the Piccadilly line
- From there it’s only a half-hour journey to Covent Garden for a Central London excursion while you leave your car to charge
- Alternatively, Trent Park (pictured above) is just a 10 minute walk away from the charger for some peaceful greenery or a spot of golf
Romford - RM5 2BD
- EV Power - x16 chargers (50/150kW)
- A brand-new hub in between Havering Country Park and Hainault Forest
- Pop into the local Londis to grab a snack while you wait… which will likely be less than 20 minutes with a 150kW charger!
- Try to spot other Onto drivers making the most of the charging included in their subscription
Bromley - BR2 0DE
- Source London - x4 chargers (3.7/7.4kW)
- An easily-accessible bank of chargers found at The Hill Car Park
- Located just a five minute walk from the bustling Bromley High Street
- Great opportunity for a family trip out to the nearby Picturehouse cinema or The Pavilion swimming pool while you charge
Croydon - CR0 4XJ
- Osprey - x14 chargers (50/75/175kW)
- Range of different speeds depending how quickly you need a battery-boost
- For the most speedy chargers, grab a Starbucks coffee and a croissant next door
- Or wander through Croydon to the iconic Boxpark for lunch if you have time, but don’t take all day - others will want their turn on the charger!
Wimbledon - SW19 7QL
- Source London - x6 chargers (3.7/7.4kW)
- Free parking while you watch the tennis on the biggest stage of them all!
- For non-tennis occasions, it’s super close to Wimbledon station on the District Line
- If you’re not a confident central London driver, a train from here can get you to Waterloo station in just 16 minutes
Brentford - TW8 9BQ
- Shell Recharge - x1 charger (175kW)
- Check the Shell Recharge app for the availability of this popular charger; it’s one of the best rapid stations in London
- It’s sandwiched between the Audi and Mercedes Benz showrooms on the Chiswick Flyover - maybe check out the latest electric car models?
- Perfect for a quick stop when you visit Gunnersbury Park or watch football at Brentford’s Community Stadium
Wembley - HA9 7EH
- ubitricity - x3 chargers (11kW)
- Ideal chargers to use while you’re at a sports match or concert at either Wembley Stadium or the OVO Arena
- You’ll find them in the middle of Wembley Stadium and Wembley Central stations, handy for getting into central London
- You can also park here while you do your grocery shopping at either the nearby Sainsbury’s or Tesco store
Brent Cross - NW4 3FP
- ChargePoint - x59 chargers (!) (21kW)
- The ultimate charge-and-shop experience for electric car drivers
- Once you return with your shopping bags your car’s battery will have hit 100%, if not close
- Don’t forget that public charging is covered with an Onto subscription, making your electric driving totally hassle-free!
Did we miss any of the expanded ULEZ areas that you’re interested in? Let us know on social media! We’ll advise the best chargers included in an Onto subscription on the Shell Recharge network.