How to submit a complaint about our service
It is the ambition of Onto to provide the very best high standard of service to every customer. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients. Onto is a member of the British Vehicle, Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) and adheres to the BVRLA Rental Code of Conduct.
This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also tells you what you can do if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint or are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you. You can contact us by email, [email protected] or via telephone on 08000306840. We will log any complaint relating to your account in the Onto system and provide you with a case reference number and your complaint will be investigated by our Customer Experience Team in the quickest possible time and within 30 working days from when we register your complaint
What you should do
Please tell us as soon as you can and provide us with your contact details and any information to help us understand the issue. You can email us at [email protected] alternatively, if you would like to speak to log the complaint for you please call 08000306840 and ask to register a complaint. We ask that you detail the reason for your complaint and provide as much information, such as, dates times, reference numbers, as you can to help us quickly get the relevant information to review the complaint
Third party provider
Customers can express dissatisfaction about a third party service or product provider (e.g. BP Pulse, Shell). We will need to establish whether your complaint relates to the service or performance of our third party provider. If unclear, this must not delay investigation and we will proceed with our own investigation. The Customer Service Manager will review this matter and take the complaint to the provider if appropriate in consultation with you.
Any complaint verbal or written will be logged in the Onto system and assigned a case reference number. This case will be referred to the Customer Service manager. This will happen at the earliest opportunity if the relevant manager is unavailable.
We will also:
- Acknowledge the complaint in writing by email within 24 hours of this being assigned to the Manager but in any event within 5 working days of receipt of your complaint.
- Give details in our email acknowledgement of the next steps and expected timeframe for the next update.
- We may when investigating make contact with you to seek clarification on any points where necessary, this will in the first instance be via email or a call.
- Fully investigate the complaint.
- Keep you informed of our progress.
- Discuss with you our findings and proposed response.
- You will receive contact from us advising on progress if we cannot respond immediately.
- We will let you have our final response as soon as possible and not later than 30 working days from receipt of your complaint.
- The Customer Service Manager will work with the relevant department manager or third party to establish the nature and scope of your complaint.
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly.
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress and be clear on next steps if you are unhappy with our reply.
- Provide you with a final written response.
If your Complaint cannot be resolved
We will consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to you. If you are not satisfied with our final written response, or 30 working days have passed since you first raised the matter with us, you have the right to refer your case to the British Vehicle, Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), free of charge but you must do so within 12 months of the date of your final written response. Referral to the BVLRA does not affect your right to take legal action.
The BVRLA Conciliation Service
The BVLRA provide a conciliation service which is accredited under the Consumer ADR Regulations and approved by Trading Standards Services.
You can contact them as follows: By Email: [email protected]
In writing: Conciliation Service, BVRLA River LODGE, Badminton Court, Amersham, Bucks, HP7 ODD.
We have provided a link to the BVRLA conciliation service where further information is provided about this service - BVRLA Conciliation Service