A named Driver must meet the following criteria, anything outside will have to be referred to the insurer:
- Drivers aged between 25 – 85 years of age.
- Full UK/EU Driving Licence: 1 year.
- Resident in the UK: 1 year.
- No more than 6 penalty points in the last 3 years (minor convictions).
- All major motoring convictions must be referred.
- Not banned within the last 5 years.
- No more than 1 fault claim within the last 3 years.
All criminal convictions must be referred.
To be eligible for our service the Driver must not:
- Have been refused motor vehicle insurance or continuance thereof.
- Use the vehicle for any commercial gain, business or occupation outside of travel to and from a place of permanent employment, occasional other journeys to employment meetings that are not intended for direct personal gain or use for social, domestic or pleasure.
- Have suffered from any disability or medical condition which has not been notified to the DVLA or which has been notified and resulted in the refusal of a driving licence.
- Have during the last 5 years been convicted of, or has a pending prosecution for, any offence or combination of offences which resulted in, or may result in, more than 6 penalty points on the Driver’s driving licence or which resulted in, or may result in, a loss of licence or suspension or ban from driving.
- Have during the last 10 years been convicted of or has a pending prosecution for any criminal offence
Satisfying the eligibility criteria does not automatically give an applicant the right to become an Onto Driver:
- Acceptance of the Driver’s application is subject to approval by Onto at its sole discretion.
- An application may be denied based upon additional criteria established from time to time by Onto and its insurance providers.
- A Driver may, at Onto's sole discretion, be restricted from driving certain Onto vehicles based upon the Driver’s history and experience.
- Onto reserves the right to terminate membership without notice for any breach under the qualification criteria and/or any other term.
- The Driver must accurately, truthfully and fully complete the application process and deliver all information and documents required under the application process.
- The Driver must accurately, truthfully and fully inform Onto of any changes to the criteria listed above or of any other reason that might affect qualification at any time after the start of services.